Sometimes going to a health food shop is a BAD idea, so many yummy things but often pretty expensive. The good news is that making your own muesli at home is relatively easy, and much kinder to your hip pocket. Providing your kids don’t distract you at the last step, making you forget the muesli and causing it to burn! Maybe it is just my kids??
- 200g Strawberries
- 40g Maple
- 80g Pecans - sliced
- 20g Sunflower Seeds - sliced
- 20g Slivered Almonds
- 100g Shredded Coconut
- 100g Quinoa Flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C, and line a medium baking tray with waxed paper.
- In a processor, blend strawberries and maple syrup. Set half of the strawberry mix aside and add the nut mix, stir well to coat.
- Bake for 20 mins, moving the mixture around at 5 minute intervals to ensure it does not catch.
- Remove the tray from the oven, and coat the mix in the rest of the strawberry syrup. Bake for a further 20 minutes or so, string every 5 mins. Until all the mix is brown.
- Serve with cocoyo or coconut cream.
When it initially comes out of the oven the mix will be soft, it will crisp up whilst cooling.