This meal is an awesome go to when you are trying to clear out the veggie crisper. Made mainly from cupboard staples and leftovers, it is time & cost effective PLUS it is easy on the hip pocket.
Honey Soy Marinade
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
2 tsp sesame oil
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
Mix this with your fave cut of chicken, beef or tofu and cook to your liking. Add some fried rice and you are DONE!
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 200g leftover ham or bacon sliced in to strips
- 1 small red capsicum, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, sliced in to small florets
- 1 carrot grated
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- 3 cups cooked rice (from 1 cup raw) I use brown
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green shallots, diagonally sliced thinly
- Heat the oil in a large wok over high heat. Add the ham/bacon and stir-fry for 2 minutes then add the veg and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to medium-high and pour the eggs into the wok. Keep stirring until the eggs change colour and have set.
- Add the cooked rice to the wok and cook, stirring often until well combined and heated.
- Add the soy sauce to the wok, toss to combine, taste the flavour and serve.