Risotto. Not often on the menu at our house because.. all the stirring.
In honesty sometimes I just add all the liquid at once and let it go a little soggy 😉 Suffice to say this ain’t a trad risotto. Still good though!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g salami, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1½ cups of arborio rice
- 3 cups stock, room temp
- 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted olives, sliced
- 300g mozzarella or bocconcini, torn
- Heat oil in saucepan and saute onions for 1 min, add garlic and stir.
- Pop the salami in and warm through. Add in the rice and stir for a further 30 seconds.
- Pour in the tomatoes and zucchini.
- Add in the stock, ⅓ cup at a time, stirring occasionally until it absorbs. Repeat until the rice is cooked through.
- Stir in the olives and top with cheese to serve!