This dish is a BELTER, is crazy easy & not expensive. Perfect for the nights you have guests coming but don’t get home until 30 mins before they arrive. Pop it on in your slow cooker over night OR while you are at work and you will be blown away by the gorgeous smells when you get home.
Osso Bucco is a bit of a daunting meat, but it is actually really easy too cook. All you need to do is get in on for a minimum of 8 hours and it comes out like butter. If Osso Bucco isn’t available Chuck Steak is absolutely fine!
Serve with mash, pasta or click on the best chip image below for my secret to making awesome chips!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1.5-2.5 kg Beef Shin (Osso Bucco) OR a good chunky piece of Chuck Steak will be fab also..
- 2 cups beef/veg stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks rosemary
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons corn flour
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Set up your slow cooker on the bench, if you don't have one a dutch oven would work well (just pop the whole dish with the lid in the oven on 100C for 6 hrs).
- In a frypan heat the oil, pop the onions in stir a couple of times then add the veggies. Cook until softened and pop in the slow cooker.
- Add the beef piece to your frypan and sear on all sides. Deglaze (get all the brown bits off ..) the pan with your stock. Then put all the remaining ingredients ASIDE from the corn flour & seasonings and cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove the lid, take the meat out, then mix the cornflour with ¼ cup of cold water. Add in to your slow cooker, stir and then pop the meat back in and cook down for a further 30-45 mins.
- Taste it and add salt and pepper if you feel it needs it.