Sometimes you just want to WOW people with an easy meal that wont break the bank. Well this is the one.
Last week I posted about the rare roast beef I made with the Girello (Topside) Roast. I can buy it from my free range butcher for about $15 per kilo, and when sliced thinly, a kilo roast will feed 4-6 people. Win!! Click the blue link above to see the times etc.
Add some thinly sliced pickled veggies and lettuce and you are good to go!
- 2 carrots, peeled and REALLY thinly sliced
- 1 bunch radish, peeled and REALLY thinly sliced
- 2 beetroots, peeled and REALLY thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (I use lemon infused for a kick!)
- Put all the ingredients in a jar, I usually do the beets alone so they don't colour all the others but it isn't necessary. If you do just halve the oil and vinegar for each container.
- Shake well and set aside for at least an hour in the fridge, better overnight!
- They keep well for at least a week!