Someone told me that you should never give kids large pieces of food in their lunchbox, as they won’t eat them. Makes sense stuff it in and run..
You can sub the pumpkin & spinach for things like ham, corn and cheese, you may just need to add more milk to get your dough..
- 1.5 cups of roasted pumpkin, in small cubes
- ½ cup crumbled fetta
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tablespoons basil pesto (optional, I make a basil spinach mix no nuts or cheese so good for school)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup milk of choice
- Pre heat your oven at 180C, and grease some mini muffin tins.
- In a large bowl mash ½ of the pumpkin and mix it with the eggs. Mix in the eggs, rest of the pumpkin, spinach & feta, plus the pesto if you want..!
- Add in the baking powder & flour, mix in and the add the milk until you have a dough like mix.
- Spoon the mix in to your muffin pans and bake for 20-30 mins until cooked through.