Ages ago I bought steel cut oats in an attempt to make overnight oats, fail. I have to accept we are not a porridge family.
But they are useful for something!! Muesli clusters,
This is a lovely low cost gift for someone that you ❤️.
- 2 tablespoons drinking chocolate
- 2 tablespoons maple/honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 10 drops peppermint essence
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rice puffs (natural rice bubbles)
- Pre heat your oven for 160 and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Mix chocolate, maple/honey, peppermint and coconut oil. Melt a little to combine if needed.
- Stir wet mix through dry mix making sure all the dry bits are covered in chocolate mix.
- Pour onto tray and press down, making sure all the parts are stuck in one big flat lump about ½ a centimetre thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, allow to cook completely before breaking up into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.