When I was little one of my favorite breakfasts was ‘mushy muesli’, which was just a bowl of muesli mixed with yogurt and honey. Simple Pleasures.
These days I am not that keen on packets of cereal. But I do love this home made one, the crunchy, salty and slightly sweet nature it has goes PERFECTLY with a flavoured yogurt, which is bout all we get in these parts!
Added bonus is that if you stick to the portion size I suggest it is low calorie. Yah yah.
- 1 & ¾ cups Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Shredded Coconut
- ⅙ cup Quinoa, raw
- 1 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 25g Dark Choc (80% cocoa), in pieces
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Vanilla Yogurt per serve
- Pre heat oven to 160C and line 2 baking trays with silicone mats or baking paper.
- Mix oats, coconut, quinoa & chia well in a large bowl.
- Melt the chocolate, coconut oil and honey until runny.
- Stir together and bake for 10-15 mins or until crisp, watching as it will burn if over cooked..
- Allow to cool totally before storing in an airtight container.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt (vanilla is REALLY a good match). The dark choc gives this dish a slight bitterness so add a little extra honey if you need it.