I won’t buy store bought muesli bars, they are exy and contain stuff that I am not keen on my kids having daily.
This healthier muesli bar is an ABSOLUTE favorite in this house, has very little refined sugar and is really easy to make.
You MUST wait until it is completely cooled to slice, as it will crumble if not, but if it does, it is great for muesli!!
- 4 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup choc chips
- ½ cup sunflower seeds, chopped
- ¼ cup cacao or cocoa
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup coconut oil (or butter)
- A pinch of salt
- Pre heat the oven to 160C and line a medium slice tin with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine oats, choc chips, seeds & cacao so that they are well mixed.
- Heat the honey and oil slightly so it is melty.
- Pour the honey mix over the dry ingredients and make sure it covers all the little pieces, you may need to use your hands.
- Press the mix into the slice tin until it is compressed and flat.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes to make sure it isn’t browning too much. Once it is slightly hardened remove from the oven.
- Allow to cool COMPLETELY before slicing into bars.
This is one of many amazing recipes in my Back to School Bonanza eBook. Click the pic below to purchase 😉