While I was pregnant we ate a fair bit of toast and store bought cereal.
But that stuff in boxes is filled with a fair bit of sugar (well the stuff the kids like anyway!!) so I put my foot down. It isn’t filling and isn’t really good for you.
It really is simple to make your own, just keep an eye on it as if it burns it isn’t much chop!
- 2 tablespoons maple/honey (more if you are wanting it to be more than lightly sweet!)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup rice puffs (natural rice bubbles)
- Pre heat your oven for 160C and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Mix maple/honey, and coconut oil. Melt a little to combine if needed.
- Stir wet mix through dry mix making sure all the dry bits are covered in the honey mix.
- Pour onto tray and press down, making sure all the parts are stuck in one big flat lump about ½ a centimeter thick.
- Bake for 10 minutes, allow to cook completely before breaking up into clusters.
- Store in an airtight container.