This soup is SO easy and really filling as mushrooms are high in protein and low in calories.
Our kids enjoy it with cheese and some extra cream!
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 4 large field mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large potato, grated
- 3 cups veggie stock
- 2 sprigs of Thyme (optional)
- Sea salt & cracked pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of sour cream, plus extra to serve if you like!
- Heat your olive oil in a pot and stir in onion, carrot & garlic until it has softened.
- Add mushrooms, stock, thyme & potato, then bring the pot to the boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Stir occasionally and cook for about 15-20 mins until the mushies have softened and the potato is cooked through.
- Season with salt & pepper and stir through the sour cream.