Last week a friend visited and she brought with her the more delectable Puttanesca pasta. I have been dreaming of it EVER since. So I made my own, in salad form.
Coz I am freaky for frekeh!
You can use brown rice, quinoa, barley. Whatever you like really. Not really one for the kiddies but super easy!
- 1 cup frekkeh
- ½ cup puy (black/french) lentils
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ a small jar of anchovies, or just use olive oil 😉
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons olives, pitted and cut in 4
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 bunch asparagus, diced (use a zucchini if they aren't in season)
- 3 handfuls baby spinach
- 20 basil leaves
- 50g feta to serve, optional
- 1 tablespoon Hillbilly Fire Tonic OR Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Boil your frekkeh and lentils and cook for about 30 mins until cooked through, drain then run under cold water to cool.
- In the meantime heat the anchovies, a little oil from the bottle, the garlic and onions in a pan and cook over a low heat until really soft.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a small jar and shake to combine.
- When the frekkeh is cool mix all the ingredients together and serve with a bit of feta on top!