Gluten Free Apricot Cookies – easy gluten free cookies that are PERFECT for a snack or to pop in kiddies lunch boxes. Budget friendly family food!
These are like mini flavored shortbreads, our kids love them and they keep nicely in a container for a week!
You can double batch and mix up the ingredients so you don’t get sick of the flavors!!
If you are not Gluten Free plain flour will be fine but the consistency will be a little different.
Don’t have rice flour or potato starch? Just sub for both flours for a a gf flour blend from your local supermarket..
Suitable for Ceiliacs!
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup maple/honey
- ½ cup apricots
- ½ cup dark choc chips
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line 2 baking trays with a silicone mat or baking paper.
- In a medium bowl mix buckwheat flour, rice flour, potato starch, salt & baking powder. Combine well so that there are no lumps.
- Stir in eggs, vanilla, maple & coconut oil then mix into a paste. Mix through your apricots, choc chips & seeds evenly.
- Spoon onto the trays leaving a little space between for spreading, bake for 12-15 minutes then cool on a wire rack.