Super simple weekday meal, that ticks all the boxes!
I most all the time use a jar of tomato pasta sauce in this dish as it is a go to for me if I have a huge day and need to make something in 15 mins. The Aldi organic sauce floats our boat. You can also make your own Napoli or mine following THIS RECIPE.
Our kids are not HUGELY happy with the spinach addition, they rather it without but I force them most of the time. If your kiddos will turn their nose up at green sub it for some grated zucchini or something they like.
- 1 liter Napoli Sauce OR tomato pasta sauce in a jar
- 1 packet soft lasagna noodles (we like Latina Fresh Gluten Free)
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and sliced as thinly as possible
- 1 kilo ricotta cheese
- 200g feta cheese, crumbled
- 100g frozen spinach, thawed
- Sea salt & pepper
- 3 cups grated cheese
- Mix the ricotta, feta and spinach well, add some sea salt & cracked pepper to taste.
- Layer the ingredients into the slow cooker, tomato sauce, lasagna sheets, pumpkin, ricotta; using approx ⅓ of each item per layer.
- After you have created 3 layers finishing with the final layer of ricotta.
- Pop the lid of the slow cooker on, and cook on low for 5 hours. 15 mins before you are eating, sprinkle the dish with the grated cheese and replace the lid to melt the cheese.