Super speedy dinner for nights when you don’t have the $$ for takeaway, but need dinner in a jiffy!
Cheats Tuna Mornay
- 4 cups shell pasta GF if required
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour omit if using GF pasta, it is starchy..
- 3 cups milk
- 1 x 400g tin tuna drained
- 1 x 400g ting corn drained
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 ½ cup extra grated cheese for the top if you want to bake.
- Boil the kettle, put a pot on the stove and the pasta. JUST cover the pasta with the boiling water and cook the pasta until soft, the water should almost 100% evaporate, if this happens and your pasta is not cooked; add a splash more water and reduce to almost nothing again.
- Stir in the butter and melt totally, then sprinkle the flour over evenly, stir through and keep stirring for about 30 seconds so it does not go gluggy or start to catch.
- Add the milk half a cup at a time, stirring until it thickens, then add another cup until all is done.
- Add tuna & corn, then stir in cheese one cup at a time.
- Bake if you like, but it is good just so!