Ya’ll know I am a huge fan of simple fair.
And Chicken & Haloumi Calzone is totally that kind of meal.
Just use up your leftover roast chook, and really you can add any old cheese that is in your fridge. If you totally can’t be farked rolling out the dough just use wraps and a sandwich press!
- 1 serve Mountain Bread Dough, See my link for recipe
- 1 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 medium tomato, diced
- 150 grams haloumi, grates/crumbled
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dusting
- Make the mountain bread dough and allow to sit for at least an hour, or all day!
- Combine remaining ingredients and pop a large frypan on medium heat.
- Dust your kitchen bench and form 8 balls with your dough using the flour to stop it sticking. Take one ball, dust with flour and roll to about 2mm thick.
- Place chicken mix on one side of the dough, fold the other half over and pinch together with the fingertips rolling the dough in slightly at the same time.
- Cook in frypan until browned well on both sides. Repeat until all mix is finished.
Here is the link to my Mountain bread dough.
A good substitution would be puff pastry or pizza dough that you can buy in the refrigerated section of your supermarket!