This dish is a real winner, it is a healthy low carb option for mums and dads when served with cabbage noodles and the kids love it too, saves you cooking 2 meals!!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 brown onion
- 2 carrots
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 zucchini
- 3 clove of garlic
- 2 tins crushed tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbs dried basil
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp rapadura or brown sugar
- Using a food processor with the large grating blade, process all the veggies.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and add the onion, carrots, celery, zucchini and garlic. Cook them down on a low heat until they have softened.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and cook for a minimum of an hour, more if you have the time, stirring frequently.
- 4 serves of napoli sauce
- 400 g Spaghetti OR 1/2 head of cabbage for a low cal option
- 400 g low fat minced chicken I mince my own with chicken breast I like the texture..
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 egg
- 100 g parmesan
- 1/2 cup panko/rice bread crumbs
- Salt & pepper
- Place napoli in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer. Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl, and mix well.
- Roll in to 16 balls and drop carefully in to the napoli, this mixture will not hold together that well if you don’t take care..
- Do not stir the mix with a spoon, pick up the pot and swirl it in a circluar motion to keep the mix moving
- Simmer for 20-30 mins, until meatballs are cooked through. You may need to add some water if the napoli mix is getting too dry..