- 1 tablespoon oil, sesame if you have it, olive if not
- 1 bunch spring onions. sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 carrots, quartered and finely diced
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise and diced
- 1 chicken breast, sliced in 3 (plus one or 2 extra if you want some for sandwiches or breaky burritos..)
- 1 liter chicken OR veg stock
- 2 cobs of corn, kernels only
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your oil and soften the onion, garlic, carrots & celery in a pot.
- Add stock & chicken, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook until chicken is soft and cooked through.
- Add 1/2 corn to pot. Blend the other half of the corn in a food processor with the corn flour, add it to the pot and stir until well combined.
- Remove chicken and shred, add it back to the soup and season with salt and pepper.