Coconut oil huh?!? The superfood of the decade. Gawd knows whether it is good for what ails you, but it makes a great dairy free substitute for butter and it’s sweetness is fab for lessening the need for added sugar.
Make sure you use dark chocolate to make them dairy free. And if gluten is an issue just sub gf flour for the plain.
- ½ cup coconut oil (OR butter) melted, cooled
- ⅓-1/2 cup coconut sugar (depending on sweet tooth)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour, a good GF works well too
- 1.5 teaspoongoo
- 1 good pinch sea salt
- 16 squares of (or 12 or so easter eggs) chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line a small slice tray with baking paper.
- Mix coconut oil, brown sugar, egg and vanilla together until well combined. Stir in remaining ingredients until just mixed.
- Pour into baking tray and smooth, bake for 20-22 minutes, allow to cool then slice.