- .5 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 onion
- .5 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 400 g tin corn kernels
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 3/4 cup, grated cheese
- Heat oil in a pot and add the onion, soften then stir in the garlic and turmeric, cook for a further 30 seconds stirring.
- Add stock, corn & sweet potato and bring to the boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook until sweet potato is soft.
- Mix the corn flour with 2 tablespoons cold water to make a paste then stir the paste in to the soup, it is important you keep stirring until it is mixed well to avoid clumping.
- Simmer for a further 10 minutes to allow the soup to thicken.
- Stir through the cheese until it is melted and serve.cl