Double Choc Banana Muffins – sounds WAY more decadent than they really are! These little muffs are perfect for lunchbox snacks, morning tea or with a little icing for a treat.
Add extra chocolate if you want them a little sweeter, and choc chips if you want a little more of those.
A great alternative to banana bread when you have soft nanas!
Double Choc Banana Muffins
- Oil spray for greasing
- 3 large ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 coconut sugar any brown one will do!
- 150 g cup butter melted or 1 cup oil
- 2 large eggs beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups flour sub for 1 cup GF Flour 1 cup Buckwheat if needed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 good pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180C and spray 2 x 12 muffin pan with oil.
- Mix bananas, eggs, sugar, oil/butter and vanilla essence well in a large bowl.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, cacao and salt until it forms a batter.
- Fold in choc chips.
- Spoon into muffin tins, you will get 24 small muffins.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or until cooked through.