One thing that really gets my goat is wasting food, so I quite often stew fruit and bake with it later or pop it on porridge in the cooler months.
This recipe really works with any fruit, even tinned, so if you have a little left over from making something else it would happily go in.
I have tested these with both a vegan option and with eggs/butter, both are fab!
- 500 g fruit, pitted and diced if larger
- 1/3 cup sugar, I like coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons butter/oil/dairy-free marg
- Put all ingredients in pan and top with enough water to cover the fruit.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until fruit is soft and allow to cool.
- Keeps up to 1 week in the fridge!