This is pretty lazy little recipe that is great for weeks that you are not keeping up with things!
It is pretty low in sugar as sweets go, you could totally make it without without the chocolate but it won’t hold together as well.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, or seed butter if you have allergies!
- 1/3 cup honey/brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 good pinch sea salt
- 3 cups gluten free, or normal corn flakes
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, can add extra for a thicker topping or none, but it wont hold together as well..
- 1 tbs extra smooth peanut butter
- Line a 9x9" square baking pan with grease proof paper.
- In a medium microwave safe bowl add the 3/4 cup peanut butter and honey/syrup, heat for approx 30 secs to soften and combine well.
- Stir in vanilla and salt, then pour in cereal on top.
- Mix with hands to ensure all the cornflakes are coated with the sauce.
- Press into baking pan and flatten evenly, with pressure.
- Melt the choc chips and peanut butter for 30 secs in the micro in a small bowl, stir and if not melted zap again for 15 secs (repeat again if needed).
- Pour melted choc onto slice and spread evenly over the whole thing, the 1/2 cup chips will make a REALLY thin layer it really is just to keep it all together and sweeten a touch.
- Refrigerate until completely set then slice