Gluten Free baking. Tis’ DIFFICULT.
SO hard to remove the glug factor. But after working and working I have come up with this recipe.
Banana flour is easy to find in health food shops but sub it for extra buckwheat if you can’t find it.
- 3-4 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups milk of choice
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup rice flour
- ½ cup potato starch
- ¼ cup brown (or white) rice flour
- Butter/oil for greasing the frypan
- Mix all ingredients (aside from the butter/oil for greasing) in a bowl until well combined.
- Heat a frypan over medium to low heat, melt a knob of butter to grease.
- Spoon in ¼ cup pancake mix into the pan, cook on one side until bubbles form before flipping, then repeat until mix is done.
If you feel like you might like muffins, or your family are full before the mix is finished. Chuck your oven on 180C, then add 1/4 cup melted coconut oil/butter and 1/2 cup choc pieces to the mix. Spoon into greased muffin pans and bake for 20 mins or until a skewer comes out dry.
And voila! Muffs x