Our WHOLE family (including Busta!!) love sausages. But I can’t eat them because they have a preservative that makes my tummy funny. So often I make my own. These are gluten and preservative free plus they contain veggies. WIN.
You can use any mince, but I love pork. Go for FREE RANGE it tastes better xx
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 kg sweet or white potatoes peeled and cut into chips
- 1 kg minus 1 carrots, peeled and cut into chips
- 500 g pork mince free range if possible!
- 1 medium carrot finely grated
- 1 medium zucchini finely grated
- 1/3 cup rice flour
- 1/4 cup maple syrup optional
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Olive oil spray for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 180C and prepare 3 oven trays.
- Toss the potato and carrot chips in olive oil and place the chips on the baking trays in a single layer.
- In a bowl combine mince, zucchini, rice flour, maple syrup and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Spray a fry pan with oil and heat over a low-medium flame.
- Begin forming small sausage shapes. You may need to add extra rice flour if your mix is not holding together well. If so add it a tablespoon at a time to avoid a gluggy mess. Roll up as many sausages as you can fit into the pan whilst still having room to roll the over and cook on all sides.
- Allow each side to cook well and brown before flipping them.
- Repeat until mix is all finished.
- When chips are brown and crisp, remove from the oven, sprinkle with salt and serve!