Lamb is such a beautiful meat, but often when you buy a leg it really doesn’t go far.
So quite often I will slow cook it and shred it, then offer it with salad and wraps so people can make their own, perfect for sharing food withfriends without breaking the bank.
I find half a leg will feed about 8 people, depending on hunger. If you have meat left over it is great on pizza with some spinach and goats cheese OR in this lamb salad.
Lamb Leg Souva
- 1/2 leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- Sea salt & pepper
- SIDES - enough to feed everyone..
- Pita bread
- Lettuce sliced
- Cucumber diced
- Tomato diced
- Olives sliced
- Feta crumbled
- Potato Wedges
- Mix oregano, garlic, salt pepper and olive oil together and rub the leg of lamb with the mix to cover.
- Pre heat your oven to 160C and wrap the lamb in foil.
- Add the lamb and cook for 60 mins.
- Turn the oven up to 180C add the potatoes to the oven and cook for another 30-40 mins until crispy.
- Serve with sides!