This dish is PERFECT for a one pot wonder evening OR for leftover CON CARNE, it is simple and satisfying and contains a few hidden veggies so that you can get some goodness in!
You can easily use a veggie con carne mix also if that is what is available!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 500g minced beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 1 zucchini, finely grated
- ½ tablespoon dried paprika
- ½ tablespoon dried cumin
- ½ tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 x 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 1 x 300g packed uncooked pasta
- 1 cup grated cheese
- In a large pot add oil, garlic, onion, carrot and zucchini and cook over medium heat until softened. Add dry spices and stir through for 30 seconds. Stir in mince and brown.
- Add stock, tomatoes and beans then stir in uncooked pasta and bring the mix to the boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 or so minutes or until pasta is cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir through cheese until it melts.