Mexican Street Corn Salad – We had this for dinner last week and it is epic. A dish I had kinda forgotten about.
It is SUPER simple to make and goes great guns the next day in lunch boxes.
Sub mushrooms and a bit of soy/tamari for a vego version.
- 6 rashers of short cut, free range bacon
- 200 g sliced mushrooms + 1 tablesoon soy/tamari
- 4 spring onions, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 x 400g tin corn, drained
- 1 small green capsicum, diced
- 300 g dried pasta, cooked to packet instructions
- 100 g feta crumbled
- Optional chili, coriander or oregano to garnish.
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream, or yogurt
- 1 teaspoon smokey paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Prepare pasta.
- In a fry pan cook bacon (or mushies) until brown, remove and allow to cool enough to dice.
- Add the sweetcorn and cook until it is browned a little, add spring onion and garlic, saute to soften, then stir in green pepper and cook for a minute.
- Mix pasta, bacon and veggies in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over pasta salad and combine well.
- Top with feta and garnish if keen and serve!