Now. I bloody love Mountain Bread. And this ain’t the real deal, it is true.
BUT. It costs THIRTY CENTS to make. Is easy. And doesn’t come wrapped in plastic so I am calling it a win.
Here is my hack DIY video..
- 2 1/4 cups plain flour plus extra for rolling
- 1 & 1/2 cups of boiling water
- A good pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl use a spoon to work together and allow to cool and you can touch it.
- Kneed into a workable dough (approximately five minutes), let sit until cool then roll into about 12 balls.
- Heat a large pan to medium/high heat.
- Sprinkle your work surface and rolling pin with flour, roll each ball as thin as possible then cook each wrap until lightly brown!
- Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days, or freeze!