One pot wonders are just the bestest thing when dinner times get hectic. This one is SUPER simple and healthy for your tummies t’boot.
Add whatever veggies you want, mushrooms, carrot, zucchini, cauli I just add the broc as it is a personal fave..
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 small packet of macaroni or other small pasta
- Boiling water, enough to just cover the pasta
- 1/2 lemon, zest only
- 1 cup cheddar, grated
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 cup milk, or cream if you are feeling decadent!
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Heat the oil in a heavy based casserole dish or oven proof pan. Add the garlic and saute.
- Add pasta, then boiling water to just cover, bring to the boil then add lemon zest, cheddar cheese, ricotta, cream, broccoli and peas Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until pasta is done to your liking. You need to watch and stir occasionally, add more water if your sauce has reduced too much.
- Sprinkle with the Parmesan and bake until melted.