Our WHOLE family goes mental for this dish, and it is actually pretty healthy. Plus it is simple to make and contains low cost ingredients. So make it. You won’t regret it!!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, skin on
- 1 x 3-500g packet of pasta, whatever suits your family
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Sea salt and cracked pepper
- Pre heat your oven to 180C and place diced pumpkin and garlic on a tray bake until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Place pasta in a pot and cover with water until pasta is JUST covered add broccoli. Boil stirring occasionally until soft. There should be a little liquid left in the pot..
- Remove from heat, add milk, ricotta and 1 cup cheese, stir well.
- Add cooked pumpkin and squeeze baked garlic out of shells, mix well. Pour into an oven proof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 15 mins until cheese is melted.