Ok, so before Easter I went and purchased some eggs for the kids. Which I then proceeded to eat.
Then I bought more, was given some, thus have pretty much eaten my weight in chocolate over the last 10 days.
Anyway I can’t give up my sweet tooth so I made these little snacks to keep me going! And whittle down the egg stash..
Peanut Butter Protein Eggs
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 30 g vanilla protein powder
- 50 g dark chocolate chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Sea salt
- Mix peanut butter & protein powder until well combined. Not all protein powders are equal, if your mix is too soft add a little coconut flour to bind it and thicken.
- Roll mix into 20 small balls and pop in the freezer to harden.
- Melt chocolate & oil slowly until you have a thin paste.
- Dip peanut butter balls in chocolate to coat all over, sprinkle with sea salt, then pop in the fridge to set.
- Will need to be kept cold otherwise they go a bit squishy..