Some nights just call for comfort food, and this dish is so so yum. It is whipped up in about 2 mins and tastes sweet and creamy, whilst still being healthy.
Ditch the pasta for zucchini noodles, or the cream & cheese for coconut milk. It works any way x
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400g (about ¼) of a medium pumpkin like kent or grey, diced small
- 300g cream
- 1 teaspoon stock paste + ¼ cup water (or ¼ cup stock)
- 100g cheese - parmesan or whatever is in your fridge
- 1 packet of fettuccine, we like the fresh one as it is extra soft
- In a frypan, melt the butter and oil together over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic & celery and cook to soften.
- Then add the cream, stock and water & pumpkin. Cook over a low heat until pumpkin is soft and easily mashed, keeping an eye on the sauce, if it becomes too dry add a little extra water.
- Meanwhile boil a pot of water and cook your pasta to packet directions.
- Add the cheese to the pumpkin mix and stir it through to melt.
- Using a stick mixer of food processor blitz the veggie up to a thin sauce.
- Stir the pasta through the sauce and serve!