My mum stated last weekend “I hate Quinoa”, how one can hate a grain is beyond me. But it can be a little bland just cooked. Uncooked it is FAB. Super crunchy and perfect for sweet and savory snacking.
I was planning to put chocolate on top of this number but my 7 year old told me not to. That is how yummy it is. Perfect for school snacking 😉
- ½ cup honey (or maple if vegan etc.)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup raisins or gogis
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Pre heat oven to 150C and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse quinoa and spread on some paper towels to dry for 5 mins.
- Heat the honey and coconut oil in a pot over low heat until melted together well.
- In a bowl mix the dry ingredients well and add the vanilla pour the honey mix over and stir to combine.
- Spread the whole mix on to the baking tray as thin as possible.
- Bake until the quinoa is golden and is hard. Cool on the tray and break in to pieces.