Rice Crackers, yes I know you can buy them for $1. But they come in MUCH plastic.
These are labor intensive, yes. But they are great for using up leftover rice.
My suggestion is you bake them while you are cooking something else or cleaning as you can only do a few at a time.
Please watch the video to see how best to squash them down. You do need waxed paper, but you can re use it many times.
- 3 cups cooked rice I use brown.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sea salt
- Just blitz until you have a paste.
- Preheat oven to 180C and roll into balls about the diameter of a 10c piece.
- Flatten between a baking sheet and some waxed paper (use the same one over and over!!) as thin as possible, they sometimes break a bit but are still good! WATCH VIDEO
- Bake for approx 20 mins but keep and eye out as they crisp suddenly xx