Use spinach or silverbeet it matters not. You can also do a meat filling or just pop some leftover bolognaise, whatever you likey!
If you are vegan this meal also works, sub the cheese for silken tofu and a little veggie stock. CRACKING!
Spinach and Saganaki Gozleme
- 4 cups plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 2/3 cups of lukewarm water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 brown onion peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 bunches fresh spinach or silver beet stalks removed wash and diced
- 100 g saganaki diced
- 150 g feta crumbled
- FOR VEGAN sub cheese for 250g silken tofu + 1 tablespoons veggie stock paste
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl combine flour and salt slowly stir in the water and mix and oil mix to form as soft dough.
- Sprinkle some extra flour on a your bench and kneed for five minutes or so until dough is smooth and elastic return to the bowl and cover to rise.
- Meanwhile using a food processor or a knife combine all ingredients for spinach filling in the bowl on whether fine diced.
- Divide the dough into six pieces roll then each day piece into 30cm ish square on a floured surface.
- divide the spinach cheese filling between the squares and then fold the top and the bottom of the edges of the dough over, then tucking in the sides to enclose the filling.
- Heat a frypan to medium heat and cook until one side has browned and risen slightly then flip carefully to cook the other side.
- Repeat until all was goz are done.