If you can eat food with your fingers it is always an advantage with a young family. Especially on nights when dinner is eaten on the fly. Added bonus if you can get them to eat spinach, this is always a push!
Our kids love the salty creamy nature of these rolls, and they are SUPER easy to make up. Give them a go x
- Olive oil
- 2 medium brown onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pkt frozen spinach, thawed
- 5-600g ricotta
- 100g feta
- ½ teaspoon dried dill - OPTIONAL
- A pinch of sea salt & pepper
- 4 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- ½ a pumpkin, peeled and chopped
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Pre heat your oven to 180C, and line 3 baking trays.
- Toss your chopped veggies in a drizzle of olive oil and place on the baking tray evenly spread. Place in the oven.
- In a pan heat another drizzle of oil and add the onions and garlic in to soften.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl, add the ricotta, spinach, feta, dill, salt & pepper. Mix well.
- Cut pastry in half length ways. Using your hands make a log in the centre of each piece of pasty. Using water wet one edge of the pasty to help it stick to the other bit when rolling, then form it into a roll. Place on baking tray and repeat.
- Add the rolls to the oven cook for about 20 mins or until crispy and serve!