We love sticky chicken. And soup.
So this. just. works.
I serve it with sliced veggies, just the ones we like, snow peas, carrots, mushrooms, sweetcorn.
Choose your faves!
To save $$ in this recipe you can use bone in Maryland fillets, AND my stock paste rather than buying a box from the supermarket..
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 kg chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 red onion, halved
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- ½ a small bunch coriander, washed well leaves removed from stems
- 2cm ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 litre stock
- 1 litre water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 250g dry vermicelli rice noodles
- Mixed washed and chopped veggies of choice
- Chili - OPTIONAL
- Heat oven to 180C.
- Heat oil in large pot and add chicken skin down, cook for 3 mins until brown, flip and repeat.
- Meanwhile blitz onion, garlic, coriander roots & stems, ginger, dried cori and turmeric.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add the paste you created to the pan, cook for 1 minute then add the chicken, stock and water.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, then remove the chicken, pop it on a baking tray and drizzle it with honey and pop it in the oven skin up. Cook until the skin gets crispy and it just oozes clear juice when tested with a skewer.
- Taste your soup mix, add some soy to flavor and then pop the rice noodles in and cook for 5 min.
- Serve it all up, noodles and soup with chicken on top with the fresh veg on the side so that people can add their own and it stay crispy!