Ah the last few weeks have been totally mental.
Finally we have some downtime, I have really been keeping it simple at home food wise as I don’t have time to be too creative.
Today I did a massive shop and will be eating at home for the next week.
This is a simple dish that everyone in our house enjoys, hopefully your family will enjoy it too x
- 3 slices bread, gluten free if needed
- 1 medium zucchini, fimnely grated
- 500 grams beef mince
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- olive oil
- 250 grams mushrooms, sliced
- 600 mls cream
- 1 teaspoon stock powder/paste
- rice , to serve
- Pop your bread into a food processor to turn it into breadcrumbs, I use the crusts and one slice..
- In a mixing bowl combine zucchini, mince, breadcrumbs, egg and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat a frying pan to medium and add a tablespoon olive oil, roll your meat mix into walnut sized balls. Brown on all sides, you might have to d a couple of batches..
- Take the balls out of the pan and set them aside for a minute.
- Add your onion to the pan and allow it to brown, then add mushies, cream, stock paste/powder. Cook down for 5 mins then add meatballs.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook your rice as per packet directions.