Ya know what. I LOVE pickles, I am talking deep eat one most days, think about them at night love (oh god don’t take that the wrong way I just mean eating them!!).
So I add them to every meal at every opportunity. Now if you don’t own a waffle maker just make pancakes, it matters not. Just stuff them in!!
- 4 rashes short bacon, leave out for veg
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup plain flour OR gluten free flour
- 2 cups finely grated sweet potato, this was about 1 medium spud
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk of choice
- Sea salt & cracked pepper
- Turn on your waffle iron to heat up.
- Cook bacon in a frypan till crisp, dice finely. Let the fat cool down to add to the waffle mix.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl, then stir in baking powder, sweet potato & flour.
- Add bacon and bacon fat, then milk until you have a thin pancake style batter (each mix will differ due to egg size etc etc).
- Season with salt and pepper and cook in waffle iron or pan until your mix is done.