Man, I love Falafel. What I don’t love is deep frying.
In fact, I dislike it.
The smell, the oil and the layers of grease.
So, I don’t do it. Ever.
I bake. This dish is the BEST. Love its guts. Looks a bit weird, but even our kids smashed it. Happiness
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced into cubed
- 1 tin chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- ½ cup oat flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lime
- A ggod pinch of salt & cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Olive oil spray
- TO SERVE
- 6 wraps
- ½ lettuce
- 3 tomato, diced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Tzatziki/Humus dip
- Preheat oven to 160C, and line 2 large baking trays.
- Simply pop all ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is well combined.
- Remove the blade, and grab a spoon to scoop out falafel mixture and dollop it onto the tray. You might need to use your finger to push it off. Repeat until mix is finished.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the falafel are golden brown and set hard.
- Serve with sides so people can happy wrap!