Making your own Teriyaki Sauce may sound a little futile as you can totally buy it, right?
Ya, you might be right, but the process is bloody easy, it contains less junk and means you have one less half empty jar of sauce in your fridge!
Perfect for a stir fry, wrap or marinade!
- ½ tablespoon sesame oil (sub another oil if you haven't got it in the cupboard!)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3cm chunk of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 cup soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- 1 cup water
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 cinnamon quill (or ½ tablespoon ground)
- 1 tablespoon corn flour, mixed to a paste with 2 tablespoons water to thicken (optional!)
- Heat oil in a pot and add the garlic and ginger to soften.
- Add remaining ingredients ASIDE FROM CORN FLOUR!!
- Bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer, cook down for 30+ minutes.
- Add cornflour paste to thicken if required..