- 1 bunch spring onions, roughtly dices (sub for any other onion if you like)
- 1/2 bunch coriander, roots AND leaves
- 3 cm ginger, sliced
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, optional as they can be hard to find and exy
- 1 lemongrass stalk, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium butternut pumpkin, peeled and diced
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Lime wedges to serve, optional
- In a foodprocessor blitz the onion, coriander (minus a few leaves for garnish), ginger, kaffir lime, lemongrass and garlic until it is a paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot, add the paste and cook it for 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Add the veggie stock & pumpkin, bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until pumpkin is soft, then using a stick mixer or food processor mix into a soup.
- Add the coconut milk and season with salt & pepper.