I love a BIG bowl of soup. And this dish is an absolute winner in our house.
Make it with salmon, chicken or tofu. Anything goes.
Just make it. Tomorrow.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 red onion, halved
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white bits only, sliced
- 6 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon dried paprika
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium brown onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchinis, halved and sliced
- 300 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 400 g soft rice noodles, or egg if gluten ain't an issue
- 2 x 200g pieces of salmon/tofu/chicken, diced
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, gf if needed
- 2 tablespoons honey/maple
- Chili, coriander & lime to serve if you like!
- Pop the coconut oil, onion, garlic, lemongrass, kafir leaves & dried herbs in a blender. Blitz until it becomes a paste, add a little water if you can't bring it all together.
- Heat the sesame oil a large pan, add paste you made above and heat it for about 30 seconds, stirring, then add the onion, zucchini & mushrooms and soften them.
- Add the coconut milk, one tablespoon of soy sauce and a full tin of water to the pot, add the veggies and noodles to the mix. Set up to simmer and pop a fry pan on the stove.
- Mix the honey and the rest of the soy and coat the your protein of choice (salmon, tofu, chick) in this mix, add it to the fry pan and sear each side.
- Into 4 bowls add equal parts noodles, veggies and broth then top with your crispy soy bits.