This is one of my ALL TIME easy faves.
Cupboard ingredients, prepped in 10 mins or under. Costs UNDER $10 and you will get leftovers.
Plus it is kiddie happiness, due to its comfort factor.
- 1 chorizo, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 large tin of tuna in spring water, drained
- 2 cups rice, whichever you like..
- 1 400 g tin tomatoes
- 3 cups stock
- 3 cups water
- Sea Salt & pepper if you like
- 2 cups grated cheese
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- In a heavy based pan that is ok on the stovetop an oven add the chorizo, brown then flip to brown the other side.
- Add the onion, garlic and zucchini, soften then add the tuna, rice, tomatoes, stock and water.
- Pop in the oven and bake for 40 mins, stirring halfway.
- Check your rice is cooked, season with salt and pepper if needed, then sprinkle cheese on top and bake for a further 10 mins to brown and melt cheese!