My kids love this dish, and you can sub/add different veggies if you like. Enjoy xx
- 1 cup brown rice
- 50 g butter
- Kernels from 1 cob fresh corn
- 1 medium carrot, diced small
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese, plus a little for the top
- 425 g tin tuna in brine, drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- Parmesan, to serve
- Cook the rice to packet directions, less 2 cups water. Cook only 3/4 through, then add milk. Bring to boil, simmer for 5 and then turn the heat off and cover.
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter and add the carrot and onion. Saute gently until the carrots are soft.
- Add in the tuna & corn.
- Stir in the mustard and cheese and stir until the cheese has melted. Add the tuna; break up any huge lumps but don’t stir too much! Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir through the rice and place into a baking dish. Top with a scattering of cheese.
- To serve bake for for 25 minutes or until browned.