Cooking with kids can be almost more stressful than it is worth, but they love it and there is no better way to introduce them to new foods and help them learn to prepare healthy food for themselves.
My kids love this dish, sometimes I serve it with baked sweet potato chips or toasted mountain bread chips. It has heaps of hidden veggies, is low in calories and fat, has no preservatives. What’s not to love??
The recipe makes a double batch, so you can halve it but it freezes well so just bang it all up.
We have ours with a bit of cheese like nachos, guacamole, sour cream, lettuce and jalapeños (serious must for me!).
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 2 Grated Carrots
- 1 Grated Zucchini
- 6 grated mushrooms
- 3 diced tomatoes
- 1 green capsicum, finely diced
- 500 g minced turkey
- 400 g tin kidney beans
- 1 tbs smokey paprika
- 1 Tbs sweet [paprika
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- Pinch sugar, salt & pepper
- Soften all veggies in a large saucepan, add turkey mince and brown off.
- Add spices and stir through to activate for a minute.
- Add kidney beans, tomato paste, sugar, salt & pepper.
- Cook down for at least 30 mins, serve with cauliflower rice or sweet potato chips.