Gluten free baking is BLOODY tough. But after a while I have tinkered and fiddled and created a mix that is yummy and can mix 1:1 in recipes. This biscuit recipe is a takedown of that.
You absolutely do not need to make this GF or dairy free if you don’t need. Just sub in your usual bits.
With the cookie in the picture I just mixed 3 diff dough lots – 2 colour, 1 plain by kneading a bit and baked. Kids loved them and so little sugar I was rapt!
- 500 g nuttelex, vegan butter - softened
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 x dairy free condensed milk (or normal), See notes for link!
- 2 cups brown rice flour, (or 5 cups plain flour)
- 1.5 cups tapioca starch
- 1.5 cups buckwheat flour
- Choc chips, sprinkles, raisins, Milo etc to flavor
- Preheat oven to 180 C, line baking trees with silicone sheets.
- It is easier to use a mixer of some sort to make these as it is heavy on the arms, but you need a big bowl (bigger than the thermomix).
- Combine butter, condensed milk, sugar well. Add flour one cup a time until it is a dough.
- Separate into 6 diff portions, add the flavors of your choice.
- Roll into walnut sized balls and press onto tray, they don't spread too much but give them some room.
- Bake for 10 minutes, you want to keep them slightly soft in the middle. Allow to cool until you can touch them comfortably before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Condensed milk - https://drinkeatrepeat.com.au/dairy-free-condensed-milk/
Freezes PERFECTLY raw, just thaw and bake!