Sometimes you need a veggie comfort meal! This dish is enjoyed by our kids because of the sweetness of the sweet potato and coconut milk. All the spices are mild so you may want to ramp it up if it is just adults eating!
Simple fair, cheap ingredients, yummy end product.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 cms ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons corriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Sea salt and cracked pepper - to taste
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into florets
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 400 g tin diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk (you need a 400ml tin if you want to serve with coconut rice
- Juice of one lime
- 1 cups rice of choice - I like wild rice
- Remaining coconut milk from tin
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut sugar
- Coriander & Chilli to serve - optional
- Pop a kettle on to boil.
- In a medium pot heat the coconut oil, then add onion. Saute until soft then add the garlic and ginger, stir for 30 seconds. Add dry spices and stir to release fragrance.
- Pop the veggies, tomatoes and coconut milk in the pot bring up to a boil and reduce to a simmer. Cook over a low heat until veggies are soft, squeeze over lime juice and stir through.
- Meanwhile pop your rice in a pot and just cover it with boiling water. Cook over medium heat until soft then pour the coconut milk you have left over from your 400ml tin, a pinch of salt and the sugar. Stir well and cover the pot.
- Serve with coriander and chilli.