Veggie Rolls – So.. If anyone tells my kids these are veggie I will freak!
These are a perfect dinner on the run or great for fusspots that won’t eat their veggies.
I used a gluten free pasty, but just regular puff is perfect!
- 3 sheets puff pastry - gluten free if needed
- 2 slices of bread - gluten free if needed
- 1 tin of brown lentils, drained OR 250g chicken mince
- Olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 100 g mushrooms, grated/finely diced
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- Heat your oven to 180C. Begin to thaw puff pastry.
- In a food processor blitz your bread into crumbs.
- Heat a pan and spray it with olive oil, place all cut veggies in the pan and cook to soften.
- In a bowl and mix in lentils/mince, bread, veggies, cheese & pesto well, season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the puff pastry down the middle lengthwise, make a sausage shape down the length ensuring you have enough space to wrap it fully in the pastry.
- Spray a baking tray with olive oil, and spray the rolls also. Cut the long logs into smaller pieces to your liking. Bake for 25-30 mins till golden brown.